Anthony J. Saldarini (1941-2001), scholar
From 4 Enoch: The Online Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism
Anthony J. Saldarini (1941-2001) was an American scholar.
Professor at Boston University. A leading scholar of Second Temple Judaism and Rabbinic Judaism, was also strongly committed to Jewish and Christian reconciliation.
Works on Second Temple Judaism
- Jesus and Passover (1984 Saldarini), book
- Pharisees, Scribes and Sadducees in Palestinian Society (1988 Saldarini), book
- Matthew's Christian-Jewish Community (1994 Saldarini), book
Articles in edited volumes
- Early Judaism and Its Modern Interpreters (1986 Kraft/Nickelsburg), edited volume
- The New Jerome Biblical Commentary (1990 Brown/Fitzmyer/Murphy), edited volume
- Jews & Christians Speak of Jesus (1994 Zannoni), edited volume
- The First Jewish Revolt (2002 Berlin), edited volume