Greco-Roman Culture and the Galilee of Jesus (2005 Chancey), book
From 4 Enoch: The Online Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism
Greco-Roman Culture and the Galilee of Jesus (2005) is a book by Mark A. Chancey.
Editions and translations
Published in Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 2005 (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series, 134).
- Galilee's early encounter with Hellenism
- Roman army in Palestine
- Introduction of Greco-Roman architecture
- Transformation of the landscape in the second and third centuries CE
- Use of Greek in Jesus' Galilee
- Coinage of Galilee
- Greco-Roman art and the shifting limits of acceptability
- [ Google Books]