(++) Kyrios Christos (1970 @1913 Bousset / Steely), book (English ed.)
Kyrios Christos: A History of the Belief in Christ from the Beginnings of Christianity to Irenaeus (1970) is the English edition of Kyrios Christos (1913 Bousset), book. Translated from the German by John E. Steely.
Published in Nashville, TN: Abingdon, 1970.
Table of contents
- 1. Jesus the Messiah: Son of Man in the faith of the Palestinian primitive community
- Bousset saw no reference to the theology of the "son of David" in the earliest Christian tradition, which was entirely built around he theology of the Son of Man.
- 2. The faith of the community and the picture of Jesus of Nazareth in the first three Gospels
- The early Palestinian community was only partially influenced by Hellenistic ideas
- 3. The Gentile Christian primitive community
- The Kurios-cultus directly influenced Gentile Christian communities.
- 4. Paul
- Paul's mystical religion according to the reconstruction of the Religio-Historical School.
- 5. The belief in Christ in the Johannine writings
- Deification in Based on the mystical personal knowledge of Jesus by the believers.
- 6. Gnosticism
- It is a religious phenomenon of its own and not a by-product of the Christian religion.
- 7. The Christ cult in the post-apostolic age
- 8. The structuring of Christianity on the basis of the Christ cult and its various types
- 9. The apologists
- 10.. Irenaeus