Claude G. Montefiore (1858-1938), scholar
Claude Goldsmid Montefiore (1858-1938) was a Jewish-British scholar and rabbi, leader of English Liberal Judaism, in 1890 founder and editor of the Jewish Quarterly Review. Unusual for the time and energy he devoted to the study of Christianity, and for his sympathetic attitude towards Jesus and Paul. Forerunner of the Jewish-Christian dialogue.
- The Synoptic Gospels (1909 Montefiore), book
- Some Elements in the Religious Teaching of Jesus (1910 Montefiore), book
- Judaism and St. Paul: Two Essays (1914 Montefiore), book
- IV Ezra: A Study in the Development of Universalism (1929 Montefiore), book
- Rabbinic Literature and Gospel Teachings (1930 Montefiore), book