David Flusser (1917-2000), scholar
David Flusser (1917-2000) was an Austrian-born Jewish Israeli scholar. Born in Vienna, grew up in Bohemia. Moved to Palestine in 1939. PhD (1957) at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Professor at the same Institution. Specialist in Second Temple Judaism with special interest in Christian origins.
- Jesus in Selbstzeugnissen und Bilddokumenten (1968 Flusser), book
- Megilot Midbar Yehudah veha-Isiyim (1985 Flusser), book
- Judaism and the Origins of Christianity (1988 Flusser), book
- Das Christentum, eine jüdische Religion (1990 Flusser), book
- The Didache: Its Jewish Sources and Its Place in Early Judaism and Christianity (2002 Sandt, Flusser), book