Jesus in Selbstzeugnissen und Bilddokumenten (1968 Flusser), book
Jesus in Selbstzeugnissen und Bilddokumenten (1968) is a book by David Flusser.
One of the first scholarly treatments of Jesus as a Jew within Judaism. According to Flusser, "Jesus, or at least his message, was on the periphery of the Essenes, though he stops short of identifying Jesus with them. A central point of the proclamation was the imminent coming of the kingdom of God, in which the revaluation of all values, not only the social dimension, is prominent... Jesus understood himself—after initial hesitation—as Son of Man within the meaning of an end-time judge" (Gerhard Bodendorfer, Jewish Voices about Jesus).
Editions and translations
Published in Reinbek bei Hamburg [Germany]: Rowohlt, 1968. A revised edition, "expanded and largely rewritten by the Author in collaboration with R. Steven Notley," was published in English (1997).
- Jesus (1969 Flusser), book (English ed.)
- Jezus (1969 Flusser), book (Dutch ed.)
- Jesus-en biografi (1970 Flusser), book (Swedish ed.)
- Jésus (1970 Flusser), book (French ed.)
- Jesus en sus palabras y en su tiempo (1975 Flusser), book (Spanish ed.)
- Jesus (1976 Flusser), book (Italian ed.)
- Jézus az ókori zsidó történelem és irodalom tükrében (1995 Flusser), book (Hungarian ed.)
- Iisus (1999 Flusser), book (Russian ed.)
- Yudayajin Iesu (2000 Flusser), book (Japanese ed.)
Table of contents
- [ Google Books]