Joseph Klausner (1874-1958), scholar
Joseph Gedaliah Klausner (1874-1958) was a Lithuanian-born Israeli scholar. Born in Lithuania. Received his Ph.D. in Germany. Lived in Odessa until he settled in Palestine in 1919. Professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem since its foundation in 1925. Exercised great influence on shaping Jewish scholarship in the field even outside Israel.
- Yeshu ha-Notsri (Jesus of Nazareth / 1922 Klausner), book
- בימי בית שני (At the Time of the Second Temple / 1923 Klausner), book
- Ha-historyah shel ha-bayit ha-sheni <Hebrew> (2nd ed. 1944)
- History of the Second Temple (1950)
- The Messianic Idea in Israel (1925 Klausner) book (Hebrew)
- Mi-Yeshu `ad Paulus (1939-1940 Klausner), book