(+) Salome (1953 Dieterle), feature film
Salome (1953) is a feature film (sound, color, 103m), directed by William Dieterle.
The familiar biblical plot remained, including the famous dance. However, in an attempt to “redeem” the figure of Salome and give a more moral ending, the plot added the fictional story of her conversion to Christianity.
- Rita Hayworth = Salome
- Stewart Granger = Claudius
- Charles Laughton = Herod Antipas
- Judith Anderson = Herodias
- Cedric Hardwicke = Caesar Tiberius
- Alan Badel = John the Baptist
- Basil Sydney = Pontius Pilate
Produced and released n the United States (1953).