Shayna Sheinfeld is an American scholar in Jewish and Biblical Studies at Centre College (Danville, KY), USA. Sheinfield received her Ph.D. from McGill University in 2015. Her research is primarily in Second Temple Judaism, Early Christianity, and Rabbinic Judaism. Her Ph.D. was titled "Crises of Leadership in the Post-Destruction Apocalypses 4 Ezra and 2 Baruch. Sheinfeld has been a member of the Enoch Seminar since 2010. Sheinfeld is Associate Editor and Co-Chair of the Thematic Board of 4 Enoch and editor of the Reviews of the Enoch Seminar. Shayna Sheinfeld was born in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, on August 25, 1977. She earned her bachelors degree with high honors from DePaul University (Chicago, IL), USA, in 1999. She earned a Masters of Theological Studies degree from Harvard Divinity School (Cambridge, MA), USA in 2002. In 2014–2015, Sheinfeld was Visiting Assistant Professor of Jewish Studies at Colgate University (Hamilton, NY).
- 2015 “The Euphrates as Temporal Marker in 4 Ezra and 2 Baruch.” [Journal for the Study of Judaism, forthcoming]
- 2013 “Pseudepigrapha in Current Research.” Religion Compass 7/5: 149–156 [peer reviewed].
- 2012 “A Note on the Context of the Phrase “Women are Temperamentally Lightheaded” in BT Kiddushin 80b.” Women in Judaism 9.1 [peer reviewed].
- 2010 “Recognizing the Whole Student: Balancing Family & Academia.” AAR Religious Studies News [co-authored with Ann W. Duncan].
- 2008 “Seven Tips for Getting your Feet Wet at the Society of Biblical Literature Meeting.” SBL Forum.
- 2015 “Lot's Daughters and Tamar: Mothers Positively Reimagined in Genesis Rabbah.” In Making Sense of Motherhood: Biblical and Theological Perspectives. Edited by Beth M. Stovell [Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, forthcoming].
- 2015 “Who is the Righteous Remnant in Romans 9–11? The Concept of Remnant in the Hebrew Bible, Early Jewish Literature and Paul’s Letter to the Romans.” In Paul the Jew: A Conversation between Pauline and Second Temple Scholars. Edited by Carlos A. Segovia and Gabriele Boccaccini [Philadelphia: Fortress Press, forthcoming].
- 2015 “The Decline of Second Temple Apocalypticism and the Rise of Rabbinic Judaism.” In Apocalypses in Context: Apocalyptic Currents Throughout History. Edited by Kelly J. Murphy and Justin P. Jeffcoat Schedtler [Philadelphia: Fortress Press, forthcoming].
- In Preparation: Crises of Leadership in Jewish Life after the Destruction of the Second Temple.
- 2015 “Students Think Better with Thinking Pieces: Why You Should Consider Low-Stakes Writing Assignments in Your Class.” (with Meredith J.C. Warren), Ancient Jew Review, 27 May.
- 2015 Dissertation Spotlight, 2 September.
- 2013 “Oral Performance and the Function of 4 Ezra” Biblical Performance Criticism, 15 February.
- End of the World
- Women and Religious Traditions: Antiquity
- Bible as/and Literature
- Western Religious Traditions
- Legacies of the Ancient World
- Introduction to Hebrew Bible
- Elementary Biblical Hebrew
- Reading Women in Early Judaism and Christianity, co-instructor
- Ancient Jewish and Christian Apocalypses
- Women in Judaism and Islam, co-instructor, Judaism section