The Jewish Reclamation of Jesus (1984 Hagner), book
From 4 Enoch: The Online Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism
The Jewish Reclamation of Jesus: An Analysis and Critique of Modern Jewish Study of Jesus (1984) is a book by Donald Alfred Hagner.
Editions and translations
Published in Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1984. Reprinted in 1997.
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction: Jews and the Study of Jesus
- 2. The History of the Jewish Study of Jesus
- Excursus: The Use of Gospel Criticism
- 3. The Authority of Jesus: His Relationship to the Law
- 4. Eschatology and Ethics: The Kingdom of God
- Excursus: First-Century Pharisaism
- 5. The Religious Teaching of Jesus: Humanity's Relationship to God
- Excursus: The Question of Originality
- 6. The Person of Jesus: His mission.
- 7. Conclusion