(++) The Scrolls from the Dead Sea (1955 Wilson), non-fiction
|Buy on Amazon|
|Search this book on Worldcat|
|Search this book on Google Books|
The Scrolls from the Dead Sea (1955) is a book by Edmund Wilson.
One of the most popular and influential books ever written by a non-specialist in the field of Second Temple Judaism. It made the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls known to a larger audience all around the world.
Editions and translations
Published in New York, NY: Oxford University Press; and London: Allen, 1955 / 2nd expanded ed. 1969: The Dead Sea Scrolls, 1947-1969. Reissued in New York, NY: Farrar, Straus, Giroux, 1978: Israel and the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Die Schriftrollen vom Toten Meer = The Scrolls from the Dead Sea (1956 Wilson / Ewers), non-fiction (German ed.)
- Skriftrullerne fra Det døde Hav = The Scrolls from the Dead Sea (1956 Wilson), non-fiction (Danish ed.)
- Los rollos del Mar Muerto = The Scrolls from the Dead Sea (1956 Wilson / Speratti Piñero), non-fiction (Spanish ed.)
- De boekrollen van de Dode Zee = The Scrolls from the Dead Sea (1956 Wilson / Herschberg), non-fiction (Dutch ed.)
- I manoscritti del Mar Morto = The Scrolls from the Dead Sea (1958 @1955 Wilson / Tasso), non-fiction (Italian ed.)
Table of contents
- [ Google Books]